Monday 6 August 2007

Surprise!

Well Nick and I have some news. We are expecting a little addition to our family in 6 months. I am 12 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and am due on the 15th August. It came as a surprise to us both but we are very excited about being a Mummy and Daddy. Had another doctors appointment today and was hoping to hear the heartbeat but unfortunatly couldn't find it. I did get to hear the sound of the 'placenta rush' (blood rushing throught the placenta) which was exciting and reasuring as it means that everything is going ok. She said in a few more weeks we should be able to find the heart rate. My blood pressure was a little on the high side so I have to go back on Monday to check that it has come back down (nothing to worry about though). Here is a photo of my belly at 12 weeks and Nick's baby buy.




In other exciting news Nick and I are picking up the keys for our new house on Wednesday. The house has gone up really quickly (picked land end of Jan and started building in April finished 4 months later). Will post some pics when we get in and have our stuff moved in. Carpet isn't going in till next Thursday but we will survive for a week without it.

Well it is past my bed time (didn't get home till 7.30) so I am off to sleep now.
Will try and post again soon.

4 comments:

Dannii said...

WOOHOO! It's finally out there! I was wondering how long you could keep it a secret for!
Congrats again, and I wish you all the best. Keep us informed with everything that happens!
Love Dannii

Jodi xx said...

Hooray!!!!! A big Congrats to you both. How exciting. It all goes so quickly and before you know it, you have a little munchin like us. All the best for your pregnancy. Love Jodi xox

Jodi xx said...

oh, i was just reading your exciting news again and i think you mean you are due in Feb perhaps? pregnancy brain already hehehe! J xox

Unknown said...

Hi guys...WOW WOW WOW that is so awesome....I am so happy for you both...it's Melby here I was looking at Jodi's web page and found yours through links...so awesome to read about what you guys have been up to. Congratulations!!!! PS we have a son called Lachlan...he's 11 months old. Love you guys...take care...all the best with the bulge!!!!